The I³ Program is Nepal Communitere’s new holistic business incubation program designed to support Nepali businesses to build a strong foundation for growth and success. The one year program is being supported by UK Aid and will be based at Nepal Communitere in Pulchowk, Lalitpur providing one-on-one business coaching and mentoring, leadership development and direct access to financial and business networks. We provide a dynamic, collaborative space to equip entrepreneurs with the means to pioneer innovative solutions, iterate and refine their ideas, and become self-reliant.
I3 Incubation Program Overview
The I3 Incubation Program is a one year participatory learning experience that provides Nepali entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills, tools, networks and resources they need to build a strong foundation for their enterprises.
The Incubator offers a flexible curriculum designed and delivered to allow entrepreneurs to determine their own action plans to meet specific milestones for success, growth and sustainability. This innovative learning model includes:
- Monthly workshops with technical experts
- Weekly business coaching and mentoring sessions to execute new knowledge and skills
- Access to office hours with entrepreneurs and practitioners to offer strategy, direction, help with troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Retreats for peer-to-peer learning in a collaborative environment
- Business acumen: Gain access to a comprehensive business development curriculum and learning resources.
- Industry-specific expertise: Work with and learn from experts working within your industry through one-on-one coaching, in-person workshops and peer learning.
- Business coaching: Meet weekly with a designated business strategy coach who will help you address challenges that come up during the one year program.
- Professional support: Access pro-bono 1-on-1 advising and cut costs in marketing, fundraising, executive/leadership coaching, accounting and legal professionals and other advisors.
- Peer learning: Entrepreneurs in the cohort work collaboratively and learn from one another.
- Co-working space: 1 year free 24/7 access to the Nepal Communitere Makerspace, Resource Center and Co-Working space.
- Direct link to accelerators
- Access to capital: Intimate panels of donors, investors, lenders and funders give their tricks of the trade and help you determine what form of capital is best for your venture’s structure and scale.
- I3 program staff: Program staff ensure that you make valuable connections and receive appropriate assistance.
- Amplified visibility: Gain customers and visibility through I3 blog, social media networks and mailing list.
You are motivated, coachable and have a business venture that is feasible. Your business has had a presence in a market for approximately one year and is a legally registered Nepali-based company. Having a functioning leadership team is encouraged, but not required.
You are open and willing to:
- Incorporate external advice, services, mentoring and support
- Be part of a peer learning community
- Set and execute on defined goals
- Receive feedback and use it in a constructive manner
As an Incubator entrepreneur you will:
- Commit to participating and completing the one year incubation program
- Set program goals with your coach and program manager
- Dedicate 1 day per week or more to the program during the duration of the program
- Actively participate in monthly workshops
- Check in weekly with your designated business coach
- Participate in biannual retreats
- Participate in monthly surveys, an exit survey, regular feedback sessions and annual post- I3 Program surveys
- Pitch at the public commencement at the end of the program
The ideal candidate is a passionate and committed social entrepreneur that has generated some revenue and gained some traction in a market for approximately one year and wants to take their venture to the next level.
1) Market feasibility
- Viable set of assumptions for financial sustainability and growth
- Preliminary analysis of your market
- Quality assessment of product/service feasibility
- Indicators for evaluating success
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive relationships
- Grit: Proven ability to fail and get back up
- Passion and commitment for the cause at hand
- Personal integrity
- Willing to think out of the box, take risks and be innovative
3) Social impact
- Ability to achieve sustainable social change
- Deep understanding of the needs of beneficiaries/customers
- Venture has high potential for impact
- Severity of gap being fulfilled
- Potential for job creation
- Potential for community involvement
Questions? Check our FAQ!