The I³ Program is Nepal Communitere’s new holistic business incubation program designed to support Nepali businesses to build a strong foundation for growth and success. The one year program is being supported by UK Aid and will be based at Nepal Communitere in Pulchowk, Lalitpur providing one-on-one business coaching and mentoring, leadership development and direct access to financial and business networks. We provide a dynamic, collaborative space to equip entrepreneurs with the means to pioneer innovative solutions, iterate and refine their ideas, and become self-reliant.
I3 Incubation Program Overview
The I3 Incubation Program is a one year participatory learning experience that provides Nepali entrepreneurs with the knowledge, skills, tools, networks and resources they need to build a strong foundation for their enterprises.
The Incubator offers a flexible curriculum designed and delivered to allow entrepreneurs to determine their own action plans to meet specific milestones for success, growth and sustainability. This innovative learning model includes:
- Monthly workshops with technical experts
- Weekly business coaching and mentoring sessions to execute new knowledge and skills
- Access to office hours with entrepreneurs and practitioners to offer strategy, direction, help with troubleshooting and problem-solving
- Retreats for peer-to-peer learning in a collaborative environment
- Business acumen: Gain access to a comprehensive business development curriculum and learning resources.
- Industry-specific expertise: Work with and learn from experts working within your industry through one-on-one coaching, in-person workshops and peer learning.
- Business coaching: Meet weekly with a designated business strategy coach who will help you address challenges that come up during the one year program.
- Professional support: Access pro-bono 1-on-1 advising and cut costs in marketing, fundraising, executive/leadership coaching, accounting and legal professionals and other advisors.
- Peer learning: Entrepreneurs in the cohort work collaboratively and learn from one another.
- Co-working space: 1 year free 24/7 access to the Nepal Communitere Makerspace, Resource Center and Co-Working space.
- Direct link to accelerators: Companies will be pipelined into one of Nepal’s most successful business accelerators through our partner Rockstart Impact.
- Access to capital: Intimate panels of donors, investors, lenders and funders give their tricks of the trade and help you determine what form of capital is best for your venture’s structure and scale.
- I3 program staff: Program staff ensure that you make valuable connections and receive appropriate assistance.
- Amplified visibility: Gain customers and visibility through I3 blog, social media networks and mailing list.
You are motivated, coachable and have a business venture that is feasible. Your business has had a presence in a market for approximately one year and is a legally registered Nepali-based company. Having a functioning leadership team is encouraged, but not required.
You are open and willing to:
- Incorporate external advice, services, mentoring and support
- Be part of a peer learning community
- Set and execute on defined goals
- Receive feedback and use it in a constructive manner
As an Incubator entrepreneur you will:
- Commit to participating and completing the one year incubation program
- Set program goals with your coach and program manager
- Dedicate 1 day per week or more to the program during the duration of the program
- Actively participate in monthly workshops
- Check in weekly with your designated business coach
- Participate in biannual retreats
- Participate in monthly surveys, an exit survey, regular feedback sessions and annual post- I3 Program surveys
- Pitch at the public commencement at the end of the program
The ideal candidate is a passionate and committed social entrepreneur that has generated some revenue and gained some traction in a market for approximately one year and wants to take their venture to the next level.
1) Market feasibility
- Viable set of assumptions for financial sustainability and growth
- Preliminary analysis of your market
- Quality assessment of product/service feasibility
- Indicators for evaluating success
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain positive relationships
- Grit: Proven ability to fail and get back up
- Passion and commitment for the cause at hand
- Personal integrity
- Willing to think out of the box, take risks and be innovative
3) Social impact
- Ability to achieve sustainable social change
- Deep understanding of the needs of beneficiaries/customers
- Venture has high potential for impact
- Severity of gap being fulfilled
- Potential for job creation
- Potential for community involvement
A mandatory payment of 30,000 NPR + VAT is due upon registration which will be applied to the first two months of the program fees.
A monthly fee of 15,000 NPR + VAT is due on the 5th of every English month for the remaining 10 months.
For promising entrepreneurs facing financial barriers, payment for the program can be made once funding has been secured.
How to Apply
Applications are due by October 5, 2017
Questions? Check our FAQ!