ImaGen Ventures Generation Unlimited Youth Challenge 3.0 Program
Calling all young innovators, artists, and changemakers in Nepal to unleash your creativity and apply to the Generation Unlimited (GenU) ImaGen Ventures Youth Challenge 3.0!
UNICEF Nepal with partners UNDP, ILO, and Impact Hub Kathmandu invite all emerging youth artists, innovators, makers, and activists to submit their ideas for addressing key community needs through the arts (Arts can be engaging in illustration, graphic design, photography, film, or any other creative medium ). Selected teams will receive hands-on mentoring and collaboration opportunities to bring these ideas to life!
We encourage submissions from adolescents and youth with disabilities, representing ethnic and geographic minorities as well as the LGBTQIA+ community.
About Generation Unlimited
GenU Youth Challenge 3.0 is a leading global public-private-youth partnership (PPYP) platform that aims to ensure that every young person, including girls and young women, is either learning and/or working by 2030. It brings together public, private and youth actors to co-create, unlock investment and resources, and scale up innovative solutions related to secondary age education, skills for employment including entrepreneurship, employability, and youth engagement.
GenU Youth Challenge 3.0 represents the second time the program is being held in Nepal. This second iteration is organized by UNICEF in partnership with ILO and UNDP, with implementing partner Impact Hub Kathmandu.
If you are passionate about solving the most pressing problems of your community in Nepal, apply for the Youth Challenge and give your ideas a creative outlet!
The GenU Youth Challenge is open to all young people in Nepal who are keen to address crucial issues and problems in their communities, and who understand the transformative power of the arts. If this is you, apply for the Youth Challenge to test and develop your innovative solutions.
- Ideas focused on but not limited to any of the following key thematic areas:
- Climate Action
- Health and Mental Wellbeing
- Gender Equality and Social Inclusion (Including LGBTQI+ community)
- Employment and Skills Building
- Community-based Violence
- Any other idea related to the 17 Sustainable Development Goals
- Nepali youth aged 14-29.
- Output – creative content and expression through campaign, film, photography, stickers, comic strips/books, illustrations etc.
- The applying team should have a minimum of 3 members with mandatory gender balanced participation.
- Teams who demonstrate commitment, enthusiasm and a readiness to brainstorm ideas, learn new creative skills and work on solutions/multi-media products.
As a team you will:
- Be enrolled in a three-month program, which will include a bootcamp, coaching sessions and mentorship by experts from the development sectors and creative arts (photography, film making, graphic design and illustration).
- Refine your ideas using creative outlet in the form of art, film, photography, storytelling, blog, podcast, print outs, etc
- Five teams will be selected to receive a seed fund of NPR 100,000/- each.
- Two final teams will get a chance to represent Nepal at the global stage of GenU Youth Challenge 3.0 and shall compete for funding of upto $20,000 with enrollment in one-year global incubation program from Generation Unlimited partners.
Commitment required as a team:
- Participate as a team and complete the three-month intensive ideation program.
- Set program goals with your business coach.
- Dedicate minimum 2 days per week or more across the duration of the program.
- Mandatory participation in bootcamp, coaching and mentor sessions and other related events.
- Pitch at the end of the program.
Please find the application form here.
The application deadline is 31st March 2022.
If you have any queries, please contact [email protected] or 01-5530229.